“We were pleased with the end result and are looking forward to our next bathroom remodel with B&M Electric.”- Stacey N.
“Outstanding experience all-around.”- Ryan J.
“Their honesty, craftsmanship, character, and sincerity far surpass any other company's estimate!”- Jeannine B.
Does Your Property’s Electrical Panel Support Your Needs?
As commercial and residential electrical demands escalate, older electrical panels and sub-panels can no longer supply the energy people rely on in a modern home. Older homes are simply not equipped to power many digital devices, AC, lighting, and other features. If your circuits can’t handle the load, the breaker will trip. If this occurs often, the breaker may need replacement, or a new upgrade may need to be added. If you are considering an electric vehicle, your electrical panel must be evaluated.
We invite you to contact B&M Electric today to schedule an estimate with our Torrance electrical panel experts. Make sure your panel is ready to perform!
Common Signs that Your Electrical Panel is Overloaded
- Frequently Resetting Circuit Breakers: If you are constantly having to reset circuit breakers, this is a sign that your electrical panel is full. Circuit breakers are designed to trip when they detect an overload of electricity. If your circuit breaker is tripping frequently, it means that there is more electricity flowing through your panel than it can handle.
- Flickering Lights: When an electrical panel is overloaded, the lights may flicker or dim as the electricity flows through the wires. If you notice this happening, you should have your electrical panel evaluated.
- Buzzing Sounds: When there is too much electricity flowing through the wires, they will start to make a buzzing sound. This can be a sign of a fire hazard.
- Hot spots on the Panel: When too much electricity is flowing through your panel, it could start to overheat, which can cause hot spots on the surface of the panel or a burning smell. If you notice these things, you should call a professional right away.
Because we are experienced at building out complex electrical systems for high-end custom homes, we know everything that goes into a quality, functional home or office electrical system. We use advanced diagnostics and our extensive knowledge of building codes, building structure, layout, and physics. Our electricians perform electrical panel upgrades the right way.
Our electrician will evaluate your electrical panel and its system of subpanels (if any) in terms of balanced dynamic capacity as measured against your home’s electrical demands. We can upgrade electrical panels to deliver power to EV charging stations, room additions, spa installations, and security lights.
Having an electrical panel that is suited to your needs is critically important because:
- A chronically overloaded panel is at risk of starting an electrical fire, particularly during the hot weather when most panels are operating at top capacity.
- Older panels had a limited circuit breaker capacity. Modern homes always require more to keep the load balanced.
- An updated panel protects your electrical system and the appliances connected to it.
Deciding to get an electrical panel upgrade in Torrance can be a considerable investment. You may only need a minor repair or a circuit adjustment. We will never try to oversell you. We achieve greater success in this business by generating trust and satisfaction in the service we perform.